What do DDLJ, Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai and K3G have in common? Shah Rukh Khan.
Well that, and the fanboyism of Niti
Niti, a Bollywood fangirl who always had this vision of making photos in the filmiest style with a Taj Mahal Pre-Wedding Photoshoot one fine day wrote to me about this and I immediately knew that for once, I’d have the opportunity to create exactly what I’ve always wanted to! We did tons of planning, lots of permutations and combinations, travel arrangements and everything else together and I’m going to take you along to show you what came out as the result.
Kabir, on the very early morning which was our schedule to shoot at the Taj Mahal told us about his secret plan that he had in store to surprise Niti and we had to keep everything undercover while making everything else seem normal. What was it? We’ll see later 🙂
So that fine morning there was Niti in her gorgeous yellow lehenga, Kabir in his ethnic sherwani, the couple was looking beautiful with the epic Taj Mahal filled in the background, subtle winds flew and this is what we made..
You might have heard this quotation occasionally that “Love is in the air” and occasionally people can't fête the meaning of it. Taj Mahal is one of the places where you'll find these words coming alive. The Taj Mahal which literally means “Crown of the Palace” has the quality that can beat all the other mausoleums. It's made up of ivory-white marble and is positioned on the band of swash Yamuna in the megacity of Agra, India.
The Taj Mahal is a symbol of love, a love that was formerly participated between a hubby and woman of high regard. The tomb was commissioned by the Emperor of Mughals, Shah Jahan, so to house the grave of his cherished and wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Hence, making it a place worth for the pre marriage shoots of the couples. It allows them to feel the love that has travelled through periods, from the early 17th century to the present.
With every passing minute, the sun was rising from the horizon. And turned out, we planned it just right too!
With the colossal Taj Mahal filling the background, shooting Niti and Kabir was absolutely surreal. With sunlight hitting just Niti’s eyes, I loved how this one turned out.
If you have to choose between Sunrise & Sunset for shooting at Taj Mahal, I'd always recommend Sunrise as the best suitable time for the shoot. The reason? The light is fresh, you're in a fresh mood and the overall energy of the nature around is just new. Also, there is no comparison of a morning light to any other time of the day. If possible and if your schedule permits, always opt for an early morning sunrise pre wedding couple photo shoot at Taj Mahal, especially at Mehtab Bagh
And as the sun ascended further, it was time for some more fun! 😀
And how could we’ve missed Niti’s favorite DDLJ sequence once we were inside the Taj Mahal?
And while in most places we either dodged the tourists or chose the spots with less of them, there was a time where we just couldn’t. So I thought I might as well treat it as an opportunity 🙂
And that concluded our morning session of the shoot. Dead tired, we headed for lunch and little nap before going for the Plan B. However, there was another Plan B of Kabir which I told you about before. And the plan was to go down on his knee in front of the Taj Mahal and sweep Niti off her feet. The whole day we created our own code language that Niti didn’t understand and at the perfect spot and moment, it was time!
Niti had absolutely no idea about this.
And that was Niti & Kabir. One of the most fun people I’ve ever worked with. And I can’t wait to shoot their wedding and create another Bollywood saga of its own kind 😀
Here's a video presentation of this shoot:
Some more tips for you if you're planning to do your pre wedding photo shoot at Taj Mahal:
1. Avoid Weekends (especially Friday) simply because Taj is closed for public viewing on Fridays. Weekends because obviously it's much more crowded than the usual weekdays. And who wants all the crowd in the world in their pre wedding photo shoot?
2. Start early morning. Like I stated before, early morning shoots are always better than afternoon or late evening shoots. The light is just different and everything around is fresh. So why not take the advantage of that to get a dreamy photo shoot at Taj Mahal?
3. Try to wear not so flashy clothes. As great as it sounds to get your pre wedding photo shoot done at Taj with the best attires, you should always keep in mind that Taj is still a world heritage site and one of the seven wonders of the world. It's a protected property so try to opt for little more classy attires which would't attract any undue attention. Also, there is no provision to change attires at the Taj so make sure you're choosing the right clothing options (We recommend solid color clothing that will always look better with the pure white Taj Mahal in the background)
4. The best spot for photography at Taj Mahal is the Mehtab Bagh area. It's situated right across the yamuna river and is a wide vantage point to the whole Taj. Also, it's mostly way less crowded than the inside of Taj so you can get your shoot done much easier.
5. The pricing & cost of the pre wedding photo shoot will depend on a lot of factors.
If you're looking to book your pre wedding shoot at Taj, be sure to Contact Us today!